Our Chosen Charity
Black Galaxy Granite : Factual Information For Users Worldwide
Black Galaxy Granite
Black Galaxy Granite Types
Not all Black Galaxy granite is the same and different markets prefer different types. The gold specks are due to the presence of ferrous rich Enstatine (Bronzite) and can be broadly divided into three types based on the size of the gold coloured specks as:
- 1. Large grained Black Galaxy
- 2. Medium grained Star Galaxy - Our supply
- 3. Small grained Star Galaxy - Our supply
Also Black Galaxy granites have slightly varying background colours:
- 1. Dark Black
- 2. Dark with a Greenish/Black tinge
- 3. Dark with a Whiteish/Black background
NOTE: For large projects it is essential to source the Black Galaxy from the same quarry supply since mixing background colours will be very noticeable.
Some Black Galaxy granites may require an epoxy resin application since they may appear to have a slightly open veining. The integrity of the granite is not affected with the epoxy applied solely for a visual effect to give it the smooth finish demanded by many purchasers. It is most unlikely that any type of sealer can successfully be applied to this granite.
Black Galaxy Quality Standards
Grading standards for Black Galaxy Granite is generally accepted to be as follows:
- 1. Black Galaxy Q1 : Slabs and tiles clean of any visible veining
- 2. Black Galaxy Q2 : Slabs and tiles with one or two visible veins known as mergeable lines.
- 3. Black Galaxy Q3 : Slabs and tiles two or more visible veins known as mergeable lines.
These lines do not affect the integrity of the material.
Black Galaxy Granite Usage
- Whilst Black Galaxy is used for many, many kitchen countertop projects and bathroom vanity tops the overwhelming majority of Black Galaxy is processed into calibrated tiles, paving or construction projects. Obviously a polished surface is the most common surface finish to bring out the best colours in the granite plus the glossy surface gives a great contrast to all types of accessories such as taps, sinks or cabinet door handles. Galaxy is also suitable for flamed (thermal), honed, river-washed, leather and brushed finishes. To learn more about these please go here (Opens in a new window).
Black Galaxy Granite Durability
- It is very hard-wearing, very durable and highly moisture resistant with a low maintenance cost however when used as a flooring material in high traffic areas, like all flooring materials, it can be subject to scratching from road and pavement dust and the worst of all is sand dust and that will have an effect on any surface!
Black Galaxy Granite Synonyms
- Black Ametist, Black Ametista, Black Amethyst, Black Amethysta, Black and Gold, Black Galaxi, Black Galaxy, Black Galaxy Granite, Black Gold Sands, GA 902, Galaxi Black, Galaxy Black, Galaxy Gold, Galaxy Star, Nero Ametista, Nero Galassia, Nero Galaxy, Nero Star Galaxi, Nero Star Galaxy, Star Galaxi, Star Galaxy Black, Star Gallaxy, WG203
Black Galaxy Granite Suppliers
- Full Container Loads (FCLs) Only
- An FCL Of Natural Stone Will Hold Between 18-27 Tonnes Depending On The Port Of Unloading
- For United Kingdom Supplies Please Try Here